Help us keep recycling alive and well in Grand County! We are collaborating with Valley Recycling & Disposal and Curbside Recycling to offer volunteer-based recycling at Country ACE Hardware (map) every Saturday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Bring your recycling and hang out with us for a couple of hours to help direct people to the proper bins. It’s easy, fun and a great way to meet progressive thinkers in the community! Contact: email or call Tommy Harris, Director at (970) 531-6054.
What Can You Recycle at Country Ace Hardware?
- Glass Bottles & Jars – All Colors (please no windows, plate glass, or any other non-container glass!)
- Plastic Containers 1-7 (Please remove lids!)
- Plastic Bags
- Clean Aluminum Cans & Aluminum Foil (please separate from tin cans)
- Tin Cans
- Scrap Metal
- Cardboard – Including: Corrugated, Paper Board, Cereal Boxes and Egg Cartons
- Mixed Paper – Including: Paper Bags, Newspaper, Magazines and (please no Wrapping Paper! the Coating will not allow us to recycle it locally)
- You can recycle Plastic Air Pillows! (those packaging pillows for shipping) You can either pre-pop them (fun for the whole family) or pop them on-site with the help of a friendly volunteer. Last Saturday we did a snow dance while deflating.